Re: FW: ACTION-660: Input to BP2, on Security and Privacy

From: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:29:10 -0500
To: "Sullivan, Bryan" <BS3131@att.com>
Cc: BPWG-Public <public-bpwg@w3.org>

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Sullivan, Bryan <BS3131@att.com> wrote:
>  [bryan] This recommendation addresses the basic ability to protect user
>  personally identifiable information. It can be considered the root of
>  privacy protections generally, enabling primarily the confidentiality
>  and integrity of information. Note that given confidentiality and
>  integrity in transit, the "trust" in the source (or authenticity) of the
>  information is a different aspect, which we might address, but is more
>  difficult as trust depends upon larger issues which are not as easily
>  verifiable as confidentiality and integrity. We welcome suggestions for
>  other recommendations in this area.

[srowen] My $0.02 again here is that the general statements here so
far aren't mobile specific. I can imagine there could be a *lot* to
say about location information, access to the camera (?), and access
to contacts. But I had kinda thought we were still talking about web
apps, and so a lot of that probably doesn't come up.