Re: BP2 Name Problem: Do BP1 or not?

+1

Yeah, I don't quite understand the overlap either.

Do people have to do BP1 or not? I assume that they do. Perhaps it would be
> correct to state in this document "Please complete BP1 before reading
> any further."

I don't think we can do this because some of the BPs in BP1 are targetted at
the DDC and are no longer relevant to an advanced device.

But... There are some that still are relevant so should we copy these over?
Reference BP1? We certainly haven't copied over all of BP1 that is still
relevant. But some of the comments on specific BPs have been "what does this
add over BP1?". So I agree that we need a more solid shared understanding of
this.

My internal shorthand understanding for "follow in the footsteps" is... "try
and provide the same kind of useful document but for modern, advanced
devices that run ajax and javascript rather than the DDC." One of the issues
with this doc might be that we are all using slightly different internal
shorthands for this kind of statement.