From: public-bpwg-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-bpwg-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Terren Suydam
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 3:20 PM
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org
Subject: transcoders bad

Hello,

As the technical lead for SingleClick Systems mobile development, I'm
writing to protest the W3C's failure to provide a clear rule against the
modification of the User-Agent header.

As mobile developers, my team spends a lot of time creating the mobile
experience *we* want our users to see. If our users are subjected to the
confusing experience of transcoding, we lose money.

I urge the W3C to adopt the standards set forth by Luca Passani's
Manifesto, of which I'm sure you're aware.

Sincerely,
Terren Suydam