GRAPHICS_FOR_SPACING and WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 3.1

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:02:27 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> [GRAPHICS_FOR_SPACING] Do not use graphics for spacing
>
> Does it give me WCAG 1.0 compliance?: This BP does not correspond to any
> WCAG 1.0 provision.
>
> CMN: slightly related to WCAG 3.1

FYI Checkpoint 3.1 is at [1]

Good point. I've used the text "Does it give me WCAG 1.0 compliance?: No,
but if you *do use images for spacing* that goes against WCAG 1.0
checkpoint 3.1, “When an appropriate markup language exists, use markup
rather than images to convey information”."

This change will appear in the version published next week.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505/#tech-use-markup

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.