CONTROL_POSITION tip on nested form controls and labels

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:02:27 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> Tip: Avoid nesting the control inside the label element as it is not
> supported by user agents.
>
> CMN: This is not accurate. There are *some* user agents which do not
> the for/id pair is used <label for="date"><input type="text" id="date">
> The Date</label>.

I don't remember where I read about this. Do you mean that if @for and @id
are used then it is widely supported? Surely it's better to avoid it
anyway, isn't it?

My concern is to write it in a way that will be easily useful to content
authors. How about this:

"Use explcitly associated labels (see [CONTROL_LABELLING]), but if you can
not, then avoid nesting the control inside the label element as it is not
supported in an accessible way by most user agents."

Changed/added "Use explcitly associated labels (see [CONTROL_LABELLING]),
but if you can not...", "supported in an accessible way", "most user
agents".

cheers,

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.