Summary table dominates following section

This concerns the Mobile Web Best Practices and WCAG document (this
message is also going to WAI Education & Outreach Working Group).

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:02:27 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> Hi, I think the tables should be seperate sections from the list of
> checkpoints - it looked like I was in some kind of table notes when I
> was actually beginning the major substance of the specification itself.

I think you mean the summary table under "Does it give me WCAG 1.0
compliance?" in section 3 [1]. I agree. In fact the table doesn't help the
user very much as the information is also in the sections for individual
BPs (that's where I took it from). What is most useful is the list that
follows the table "To summarise, the table ... between MWBP and WCAG 1.0
above shows that compliance with MWBP ensures that content already
complies with WCAG 1.0 checkpoints..." So perhaps the table could be
removed, just keeping it temporarily for the purpose of maintaining the
list.

Regarding the large table in "2. How Barriers Experienced by Web Users
with Disabilities Parallel those in the Mobile Context" [2], I think that
the table should have a seperate section heading, and any detail should
come before it. The table is only a summary.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20071017#how_mwbp_wcag
[2]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20071017#parallels

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.