Re: Digraphia on the Linked Data Web

Hi,

"Redundant" means that there used to be two primary language subtags
"sr-Latn" and "sr-Cyrl" both of which are now replaced with the combination
of the language subtag "sr" and the script subtag "Latn" or "Cyrl" to give
"sr-Latn" and "sr-Cyrl"! (see 2.7 of RFC 4645 for an explanation)

You are right about transliteration not being the same as transcription,
although I will note that this is not really the general case, for example
in Chinese every traditional character (as used in HK and Taiwan) maps to a
single simplified character (as used in PRC), but the reverse is not true.
As such, looking into both true transliteration and transcription may be
interesting, and drawing a boundary between the two may be challenging.

Regards,
John