Solving the PGP Revocation Problem with OpenTimestamps for Git Commits

From: Peter Todd <pete@petertodd.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 12:46:50 -0400
To: public-blockchain@w3.org
Given the recent timestamping discussion, I thought my recent blog post on
OpenTimestamp's git integration might be interesting to this community:

https://petertodd.org/2016/opentimestamps-git-integration

While the git integration itself is just an implementation detail, and doesn't
merit discussion here, I think the specific problem I describe with verifying a
web-of-trust PGP signature in the face of revocation/expiration is a good
example of a very real-world problem a timestamp proof can help solve.