Re: disintermediating inter-blockchain transactions

On 17 September 2016 at 13:37, S. Matthew English <
s.matthew.english@gmail.com> wrote:

> My friends and I are developing a way to disintermediate value exchange
> between different digital currencies, i.e. without relying on a trusted
> third party.
>
> Different versions of peer-to-peer electronic cash exist as data
> represented by separate blockchains. Payments between such systems cannot
> be sent directly from one party to another without going through a
> financial institution. Bitcoin provided part of the solution but its
> utility is limited to intra-blockchain transactions. The benefits are lost
> if a trusted third party is required to execute inter-blockchain
> transactions. We propose a solution to the inter-blockchain transaction
> problem using the same fundamental principles of Bitcoin. The protocol is
> described by the Uberledger <http://uberledger.io/> framework, a
> hierarchical meta-blockchain layer that encapsulates information regarding
> the fidelity of peer-to-peer transaction facilitators.

Thanks for sharing.

I absolutely love the idea of combining linked data with block chains.  I
think tis is a brilliant (and potentially lucrative) idea, and to my
knowledge, one of the first in the space to propose such a thing.

Section 4 seemed to me a bit light on details.

Does uberledger relate to cross atomic chain trading?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Atomic_cross-chain_trading

Do you also have a reference to the BLONDIE ontology?