Re: disintermediating inter-blockchain transactions

From: Karen Slawinsky <karen.slawinsky@teambesure.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 13:10:58 +0000
To: "S. Matthew English" <s.matthew.english@gmail.com>
CC: Blockchain CG <public-blockchain@w3.org>
Hi Matthew,

How does Uberledger compare to Hyperledger (https://www.hyperledger.org/) and Interledger (https://interledger.org/)?

Thanks,

Karen
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 17, 2016, at 6:39 AM, S. Matthew English <s.matthew.english@gmail.com<mailto:s.matthew.english@gmail.com>> wrote:

My friends and I are developing a way to disintermediate value exchange between different digital currencies, i.e. without relying on a trusted third party.

Different versions of peer-to-peer electronic cash exist as data represented by separate blockchains. Payments between such systems cannot be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Bitcoin provided part of the solution but its utility is limited to intra-blockchain transactions. The benefits are lost if a trusted third party is required to execute inter-blockchain transactions. We propose a solution to the inter-blockchain transaction problem using the same fundamental principles of Bitcoin. The protocol is described by the Uberledger<http://uberledger.io/> framework, a hierarchical meta-blockchain layer that encapsulates information regarding the fidelity of peer-to-peer transaction facilitators.

Sincerely,

Matthew