disintermediating inter-blockchain transactions

From: S. Matthew English <s.matthew.english@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 13:37:28 +0200
To: Blockchain CG <public-blockchain@w3.org>
My friends and I are developing a way to disintermediate value exchange
between different digital currencies, i.e. without relying on a trusted
third party.

Different versions of peer-to-peer electronic cash exist as data
represented by separate blockchains. Payments between such systems cannot
be sent directly from one party to another without going through a
financial institution. Bitcoin provided part of the solution but its
utility is limited to intra-blockchain transactions. The benefits are lost
if a trusted third party is required to execute inter-blockchain
transactions. We propose a solution to the inter-blockchain transaction
problem using the same fundamental principles of Bitcoin. The protocol is
described by the Uberledger <http://uberledger.io/> framework, a
hierarchical meta-blockchain layer that encapsulates information regarding
the fidelity of peer-to-peer transaction facilitators.

Sincerely,

Matthew