Re: Right way to propose changes to the current schema?

On 12 September 2017 at 17:34, Susheel Varma <
susheel.varma@elixir-europe.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Leyla - Are you suggesting to move schema.org CreativeWork
> <http://schema.org/CreativeWork> properties (hasPart
> <http://schema.org/hasPart>, isPartOf <http://schema.org/isPartOf>) to
> its more generic parent Thing <http://schema.org/Thing>? Any particular
> reason why?

Historically we have always resisted attempts at generalising
hasPart/isPartOf to non-document notions of part, but see
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1097#issuecomment-209014851
for some of that discussion and suggested way forward.

For isBasedOn / isBasisFor - I had a feeling we'd done it already. There
was a proposal as part of the legislation documentation effort,
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1156 ... I'm just asking
there what became of that proposal,
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1156#issuecomment-328914376