Re: AWWSW final report...

Hi Jonathan,

Having spent the last two hours reading through your draft report
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/09/awwsw-report-to-tag.html
and attempting to write suggestions, I think it may be too much work to
go through the cycles needed to articulate and incorporate my
suggestions.  The problem is that your draft report very strongly
reflects your particular interpretation of the problem space -- which is
certainly as valid as anyone else's -- but the problem is that this
makes it very difficult to articulate our agreements and disagreements,
because doing so would require either: (a) casting them in terms of your
interpretation; or (b) substantially editing your interpretation to more
closely match other articulations of the problem.  In order to indicate
agreement or disagreement, the points need to be far finer grained.

Alas, if only we had maintained a simple issues list, we could point to
it and say: "We agreed on issues #2, 3 and 4, and disagreed on 1, 5 and
6.  The various views on the unresolved issues were: . . . ".  But we
didn't.  Shame on us!

AFAICT, the closest thing we had was this list of AWWSW Questions / Use
Cases, created early in the group's life:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/AwwswQuestions
And these don't seem to be mentioned at all in your draft report.

I suggest presenting to the TAG both the report that you drafted and the
earlier AWWSW Final Report that we drafted on the wiki at
http://www.w3.org/wiki/AwwswFinalReport
I have already linked your draft report from that wiki page; it would be
good if you would similarly link that page from your draft report.

Thanks!
David

--
David Booth, Ph.D.