Re: AWWSW final report...

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I'm interested, and the write-up looks like a pretty good starting
> point.  I don't see it as being particularly better than the starting
> point that I had previously drafted, but if you do then it's fine with
> me to use it.
>
> My initial thoughts on what it needs:
>
>  - I think it would be most useful to state not only what points were
> agreed by the group, but also what was *not* agreed and why, i.e., what
> the differing views were.

OK. The 1-2-3 list gives the differing views in one case. What other
topics need a list like this?

>  - It's a little vague in some places.   I think we can correct this
> pretty easily.

OK, how?

>  - I think it needs more context and problem statement.  Someone reading
> it may wonder what the fuss was all about and why there was any
> contention at all.  Clearly stating what was *not* agreed will probably
> help address this, i.e., what issues were not resolved, and what were
> the various positions that people had on these issues?

The first section gives the problem statement as best I could
reconstruct it from the HCLS/TAG meeting, which IMO is the only
relevant context for the purposes of this report. I don't think the
TAG will be interested in anything we did not related to that.

> How are you thinking to proceed?
>
> I suggest drafting this on a wiki page, as it can be painfully
> cumbersome to have a single gatekeeper for all edits.

As I will be the one held accountable, i.e. presenting and answering
questions, I would prefer to be gatekeeper. I am happy to do all the
edits.

Jonathan