Re: AWWSW Telecon Tuesday 2011-08-30 ?

Jonathan Rees writes:

> And I haven't gotten much feedback on
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/latest/ , which to me pretty much
> answers to my satisfaction the question that created this group (at
> the HCLS/TAG meeting way back when): what is this 'information
> resource' deal and what does it have to do with the price of eggs?

Next query -- it seems to me that (in section 3)

  G is "on the Web" at U means that U's authorized representations are
  exactly those representations that G generalizes

is unlikely to be satisfied form almost any G.  E.g. a pdf version of

 http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/latest/

is certainly generalised by the same G which generalises the existing
html version, but no pdf version is currently authorised, so that
means G isn't "on the Web"???

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk