Re: AWWSW Telecon Tuesday 2011-10-25

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> I trust your judgement and will +1 whatever you think is best.

Often I don't discover what I think until it comes out of my mouth.
That's why I find telcons and meetings helpful.

> The documents produced are very good and in my mind, nice and clear. My only
> concern is with being GET 200 specific, so I'd be happy to have a final
> drive through to the end of the year to try to make it method, and
> potentially protocol, agnostic advise. If anybody else is up for it.

Well I don't consider "retrieval" to be tied to GET 200 or even to
HTTP, and I have recently been always generalizing from GET/200 to
retrieval (a word used in RFC 3986).

But your point is well taken and I haven't thought about it enough.
E.g. we have the analogous situation with using mailto: URIs to
'identify' people, which you're not supposed to do but which someone
might be inclined to do. And I have been steadily worried about POST
in relation to HR14a.

Best
Jonathan