Re: [pedantic-web] Re: The OWL Ontology URI

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 12:01 -0400, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> My best advise still: For semantic web applications, never return 200
> directly.

That is a safe way to be certain that you are conforming to the AWWW.
In the worst case it causes: (a) extra hassle in allocating two URIs for
each resource -- one for the resource and one for the web page *about*
the resource; (b) some consternation among practitioners about why they
need to bother with that; and (c) and an extra HTTP request.

But I think it amounts to bending over backward to conform to a flaw in
the AWWW, in the way "information resource" is described (by saying that
some things *are* *not* information resources, rather than saying that
some things *should* not be modeled as information resources, because
doing so is likely to cause unwanted ambiguity).

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
Cleveland Clinic (contractor)

reflect those of Cleveland Clinic.