Re: Electric vehicle support

Welcome Robert.

We would very much welcome your expertise furthering handling the spec
for electric vehicles.

The Vehicle API work is taking place in the Automotive Working Group at
present which is taking the initial dr from the Automotive Webplatform
Business Group. The Business Group is starting on Location Based
Services API which certainly would be of interest to you.  It is also
doing some coordination with another group at W3C on Media Tuner,
providing auto-centric use cases.

We know of some OEM and Tier one intentions on implementing these
standards.  Many are eager to have an environment they can install their
applications.

If you have some time I would be very willing to have a call and go over
this activity in detail and how you can get involved.  Reply to me
trimming the rest of the Cc to coordinate when.

Regards,

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team