Re: F2F minutes and summary

Thank you, Ted.

Albeit I was not able to attend the F2F, I followed up on a discussion
we had on this mailing list about REST and the nesting depth of the
signal tree. My suggestion was to use a UUID that can be derived from
the tree branch.

This week I submitted a pull request
(https://github.com/GENIVI/vehicle_signal_specification/pull/125) that
changes the current UUID to one that is computed from the branch path
using UUID5 (SHA-1 hash). The namespace is computed as a UUID5 using
'vehicle_signal_specification' as the object identifier. I think that
should make it pretty simple to implement a REST server using the UUID
as identifier.

I think that the UUID will also help with a registry as it can greatly
speed up lookups of what is available and who provides it.

:rjs

--
-----
Rudolf J Streif