Re: VSS collaboration (Data TF) meeting today?

Hi Benjamin,

As it happens I am attending Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) meetings
this week and was in a session that included trying to unravel the
confusion of the different uses of SHEX, SHACL and some other tools. I
think Graph is more common and approachable but we can run both in
parallel to contrast.

Graph alternates are about and Neo4j's is indeed proprietary but they
are committing to GQL which was part of the discussion Dave Raggett and
I had with them.

https://www.gqlstandards.org/

https://neo4j.com/press-releases/query-language-graph-databases-international-standard/

More from OGC and W3C Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group (where we
coordinate with them extensively), we may have some ontologists that
want to play with us and do cross SDO on routing, trip and observation
(involving VSSo) ontologies. This is stemming from the transportation
workshop as are several other things. They will be making public their
engineering report on a new routing web api and accompanying ontology
ideas. The API uses JSON at present, in particular GeoJSON and they're
torn between it and JSON-LD.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Automotive Lead