Re: VSS Presentation

Hi Rudi-san,

Thanks for the comments.

1. Using the vss2json.py tool
> <https://github.com/GENIVI/vehicle_signal_specification/blob/develop/tools/vspec2json.py> as
> a template

Although I made the tool just for ad hoc purpose,
 if you like to add it to the repository, it's happy to me.

Thanks for the instruction.
I modify the code and attached.

2. Splitting up the signal names into individual nodes

> Your tool is currently splitting up the signal names and places the
> individual nodes each into their own column in the csv file. I have been
> thinking about it. The biggest problem is that the tree is not limited in
> depth. There  can be any depth and you don't know how many columns are
> needed. The second problem is that you cannot easily look up a signal by
> its name because you have to search across columns. Maybe it's better to
> just put the signal name in its entirety into a single column? The csv file
> structure would then be:
>
> [Signal] ,[ID], [Type], [Unit], [Min], [Max], [Description]

Yes, I assumed maximum depth as 10 since it was enough for ad hoc purpose.
Your idea is fine and I modified the new version to followed this.

I'll make pull request, so please check it.

Since I don't use python much,
 excuse me for not smart code :-)

Best regards,
Shinjiro Urata