Re: [Minutes] Auto WG 2016-09-06

From: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 14:23:44 -0400
To: Song Li <ls@newskysecurity.com>
Cc: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>, Jeremiah Foster <jeremiah.foster@pelagicore.com>
Found the link I was looking for related to certs and CA in auto space:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=NHTSA-2015-0060-0004

Interesting and ambitious although a very different use case. They want
to have tons of short (or one time) use certs that can be verifiable
and disposable while retaining anonymity.

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 18:39 -0700, Song Li wrote:
> > > I missed the security part of the discussion - I would suggest we
> > > include certificate management in our security model. It should
> > cover
> > > (but not limited to):
> > > How to create certificates
> > > How to deploy certificates to in-vehicle servers
> > > How developers authenticate the server via certificates
> > > How to revoke and renew certificates

W3C Systems Team
http://www.w3.org