Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Feb 25 9:00 am PST

Attendees: Matthew Paradis, Don Brutzman, Hongchan Choi,  Jack Schaedler,
Jeff Switzer, Philippe Milot, Raymond Toy

Minutes:

   - V1
      - CR and Rec Status
         - Testimonials
            - Matt: What's the status
            - [Raymond summarizes what was mentioned last week and updates
            with current list of members who would write one: BBC,
Michel Buffa, X3D,
            Google, possibly one or two non-members]
         - 9 Outstanding issues
         - ABSN.start control messages
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2248> which is
         blocking:
            - Be explicit that initial transition to running needs to take
            [[suspended by user]] flag into account?
            <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2251>
            - Inconsistencies with "control thread state"
            <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2280>
         - Invoking JS in the rendering loop needs a bunch of setup that
         doesn't seem to be in the spec
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1967>
         - Hongchan: Needs a partner to help work on this.  Boris was
            helping, but is not longer available
         - [Raymond: Everyone really needs to work on the 3 big issues]
      - New Issues
         - Improve definition of regular tasks processing
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2302>
         - Hongchan: Looks like it's about rephrasing some recently added
            text from Paul to define how regular tasks are processed
            <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2301>.
            - Raymond: I think we should look into this.
         - PRs
      - Fix #2248: Clean up ABSN start algorithm
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2286>
         - https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2289
         - Raymond: This is confusing. PR is in v1, but issue is in V2
            - Hongchan: Maybe move issue back to v1?
            - Raymond: Prefer not to add more stuff. Could open up issues
            on v1 that we probably don't want right now.
            - Hongchan: Agreed
         - V2
      - Admin
         - Get Travis CI working to deploy the v2 spec.
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/114>
            - Raymond: I  think I need the keys from Paul to deploy from
            Travis.
         - priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
      - Expose AudioBuffer to DedicatedWorker
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/111>
         - Raymond: Still waiting for info?
            - Hongchan: Waiting on Paul for comments.
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
         - Raymond: I think we're waiting for more info.
            - Hongchan: Yes.  Need to talk to privacy people on this
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
         - Raymond: Nothing new, but renderSize attr should be read-only as
            mentioned by Hongchan.  DIdn't update the proposal yet.
Basic API is done,
            except for the minimum requirements.  Interaction with
latencyHint isn't
            yet defined.
            - Hongchan: Maybe write an explainer because it's easier?
            - Raymond:  Yes, that should work.  Still need to figure out
            how to write the IDL for this.  Can have paritall
interfaces, but I don't
            think we can have partial dictionaries.
         - Select audio device
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/10>, get
         device change notification, audio config
         - Hongchan: Need to lay out pros and cons for two approaches of
            adding device id to context or just using
MediaStreamAudioDestination.
            - Raymond: But MSADN works now right?  The question is then
            adding id to context.
            - Hongchan: Yes.
            - Raymond: Will you write the pros and cons?
            - Hongchan: Maybe.  Not at the top of the list
            - Raymond: No problem; we're not in a big hurry.
         - Others?
         - Exposing playbackPosition property on AudioBufferSourceNode
            <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/26>
            - Raymond: Came up on slack.  Don't think the use case could
               use this attribute
               - Jeff: Yes, it seems ok for visualization, but more precise
               positions need to be done in a different way.

Meeting adjourned a bit early.  See you all next week!