Re: Two general reasons why AudioParam.value setter cannot be changed to a setTargetAtTime alias

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Olivier Thereaux <
olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> I wanted to raise this at our teleconference, but given my lack of luck
> with teleconferences lately, I’ll use the mailing-list instead.
>
> On 20 Jan 2014, at 09:05, I wrote:
> > there is still overwhelming consensus in the group that
> smooth-by-default is the best compromise, after a substantial amount of
> time was spent discussing it.
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-audio-minutes.html#item03
> > http://www.w3.org/2013/12/19-audio-minutes.html#item02
> > https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/76
>
> We have had a call for consensus on this, resulting in the resolution
> documented in github:76. I am keen to make sure that the group pays due
> attention to the objection raised by Karl[1], but unless I hear from other
> members of the group, I will consider silence to be a continuation of the
> consensus.

I don't see, in those references, a direct reply to the points Karl raised.
I think they deserve one. Those who have formed a consensus are responsible
for defending it :-).

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w