Re: Two general reasons why AudioParam.value setter cannot be changed to a setTargetAtTime alias

All,

I wanted to raise this at our teleconference, but given my lack of luck with teleconferences lately, I’ll use the mailing-list instead.

On 20 Jan 2014, at 09:05, I wrote:
> there is still overwhelming consensus in the group that smooth-by-default is the best compromise, after a substantial amount of time was spent discussing it.
>
> http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-audio-minutes.html#item03
> http://www.w3.org/2013/12/19-audio-minutes.html#item02
> https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/76

We have had a call for consensus on this, resulting in the resolution documented in github:76. I am keen to make sure that the group pays due attention to the objection raised by Karl[1], but unless I hear from other members of the group, I will consider silence to be a continuation of the consensus.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013OctDec/0340.html

ChrisW, I have assigned github:76 to you - which involve drafting text for the behaviour of .value, as well as a proposal for the default time constants used. I assume you will be proposing similar values to the ones documented in https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/76#issuecomment-27954865

—
Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in