Re: Behavior of source nodes on connect/disconnect

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
> jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On the other end there's the tediousness of a ScriptProcessorNode your
>> module got from another module and you don't know how to make sure it gets
>> garbage collected. I see that as a much bigger pain point.
>>

> You could disconnect the inputs and outputs and remove the event listener
> and then you're in good shape.

As a module without graph introspection, you most likely don't have another
module's inputs or outputs, depending on whether you want to connect to or
from the node, and even less likely do you have a reference to the event
listener. Even the node itself doesn't necessarily know how to disconnect
its inputs. It's doable if modules share all this information, but again,
bigger pain point.