Re: Behavior of source nodes on connect/disconnect

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:18:34 -0700
To: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Cc: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> On the other end there's the tediousness of a ScriptProcessorNode your
> module got from another module and you don't know how to make sure it gets
> garbage collected. I see that as a much bigger pain point.

You could disconnect the inputs and outputs and remove the event listener
and then you're in good shape.

But I think it would be better to add per AudioNode pause() and resume()
APIs. Then all you have to do is pause() it and drop JS references and
you're done.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*