Re: Behavior of source nodes on connect/disconnect

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:16:18 -0700
To: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Cc: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com> wrote:

> Of course, HTMLMediaElements must pause when they are removed from the
> DOM.  So in the general case, disconnecting a playing media element and
> throwing away all references to it will allow it to be GCd.

But you can call play() on a media element after removing it from the DOM.

If we were to follow the media element model in Web Audio, we would
introduce per-node pause() and resume() APIs and specify that when you
disconnect the last output of a node, there is an implicit pause() call.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*