Re: stability of AudioBufferSourceNode.playbackState, and activeSourceCount

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> Indeed, automatically firing "finished" on a GainNode doesn't make sense,
> because if even all other JS references have been dropped the event handler
> could always "resurrect" the node by retrieving the node via event.target
> and adding a new input to it, and then the node isn't finished.

Good point, my mistake.

> A separate "quiescent" event woiuld make some sense, but would have to be
> carefully defined.

OK, how about we stick to introducing the finished event for
AudioBufferSourceNode and OscilatorNode for now and eliminate
playbackState?  We can continue discussing the "quiescent" event but I
don't think that we need to hold the finished event for that, because it
turns out that it will not be the proper solution for that case.

--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>