Re: MediaStreamAudioSourceNode when there's more than one audio track

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> The spec currently says "This interface represents an audio source from a
>> MediaStream. The first AudioMediaStreamTrack from the MediaStream will be
>> used as a source of audio." Wouldn't it make more sense to use all the
>> enabled audio tracks, mixed together? That's what people will hear if they
>> feed the MediaStream into an <audio> element.
>>

> Good question.  The idea was to be able to do the mixing in the
> AudioContext on a per-track basis.  We really need to be able to create
> this node given a specific AudioMediaStreamTrack as well as a MediaStream
> to have this fine a level of control.

You don't, because you can create a MediaStream that contains a single
AudioStreamTrack taken from some other MediaStream, and make that the input
to your MediaStreamAudioSourceNode.

However, it would be simpler and easy to implement to have an overload of
createMediaStreamSource that takes an AudioStreamTrack instead of a
MediaStream. And have the MediaStream version mix the tracks. Sound good?

q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq
qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqeqmq.q qAqnqdq qiqfq qyqoquq
qdqoq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qaqrqeq qgqoqoqdq qtqoq qyqoquq,q
qwqhqaqtq qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq
qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq qdqoq qtqhqaqtq.q"