Re: MediaStreamAudioSourceNode when there's more than one audio track

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> The spec currently says "This interface represents an audio source from a
> MediaStream. The first AudioMediaStreamTrack from the MediaStream will be
> used as a source of audio." Wouldn't it make more sense to use all the
> enabled audio tracks, mixed together? That's what people will hear if they
> feed the MediaStream into an <audio> element.

Good question.  The idea was to be able to do the mixing in the
AudioContext on a per-track basis.  We really need to be able to create
this node given a specific AudioMediaStreamTrack as well as a MediaStream
to have this fine a level of control.  Maybe if given a MediaStream, all
the tracks should be mixed together instead of taking the first track as
you suggest.