Re: AudioBuffer mutability

> An AudioBuffer would always be usable with any number of AudioBufferSourceNodes. No-one is suggesting changing that.

Although that's true, the getChannelData() API suggests a symmetry of buffer access between the JS side and the audio system. If the buffer were to be read+write locked upon binding to a source node, we'd end up with a reference to a typed array on the JS side that can neither be written to nor read from ... which is a very unusual state to leave a common JS object in. To isolate the two sides, the AudioBuffer API has to change to something like this -

var f32 = new Float32Array([...]);
var buf = context.createBuffer(numChannels, numFrames, sampleRate);
buf.writeChannelData(chan, f32, offset);
buf.readChannelData(chan, f32, offset);

If a buffer is "in use", then the write can be specd to complete after a render quantum and the read can be specd to block during the current render quantum (or perhaps take a callback argument for async read). The "f32" then remains exclusive to JS land.

-Kumar