Re: specific demos wanted, question about media streams processing api

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Samuel Goldszmidt <
samuel.goldszmidt@ircam.fr> wrote:

>  - full fft implementation in javascript (is this one up to date ?
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Audio_Data_API)
> - full convolution engine implementation in javascript too.
> using both of the 2 apis ( Web audio api and media streams processing api)

I haven't ported any Audio Data FFT or convolution examples to MediaStreams
but it wouldn't be hard.

> - a sort of offline processing with media streams processing api, to
> represent waveform (I know with the comparison of the 2 api in the wiki,
> that "offline" processing in media streams could be more difficult to
> achieve, that's why I'm looking for this kind of demo)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "offline processing". I think you
probably mean the ability to construct a stream graph and drive it at the
maximum possible speed to record a composition or something like that.

As far as I can tell, neither Web Audio or MediaStreams Processing supports
that currently. (The comparison wiki page
http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Spec_Differences says Web Audio does, but
I don't see API for it on AudioContext in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html#AudioContext-section
.)

I think there's nothing difficult in principle about adding API for this to
either proposal. Since MediaStreams Processing doesn't have a context
object, I would just add an API to MediaStream that controls the processing
rate of the entire connected subgraph.

than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]