Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

That sounds like you would like a use case around "SMF playback, but the
developer gets to select the midi port"?

I thought about another use case/requirement being to have a "create MIDI
output that's associated with a GM playback 'device', if available", just
to make it simpler to let developers find one, but I'm still on the fence
about that.  It seems like most of the "use GM" cases have been reduced in
importance by the easy use of audio files (i.e., streaming or pre-loading a
high-quality audio file isn't crazy in terms of bandwidth like it used to
be).