W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > October 2016

Re: CORE-AAM: identifying MSAA/IA2 actions, interfaces, and relations.

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 12:18:55 -0400
To: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
Cc: Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>, Jason Kiss <jason@accessibleculture.org>
Message-ID: <f348819d-a214-2654-436f-4626ca976963@alum.mit.edu>
Hi Alex,

I haven't had the time to read everything in detail, but this looks to
be what is needed.

Thanks!

.On 2016-10-20 8:03 AM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> Hi, Joseph. Here's few findings.
>
> I like ATK laconic style, so if IA2 said "IAccessibleTableCell
> interface" then it would be enough. Also 'IAccessible2' words may be
> removed from 'IAccessible2' column cells, because you may refer there
> to either MSAA or IA2, and they don't overlap. So if you say 'object
> attributes' then this is IA2 concept, MSAA doesn't have it, and thus
> you may omit 'IAccessible2' from 'IAccessible2' object attributes' phrase.
>
> * columnheader and rowheader implement IAccessibleTableCell interface.
> They indeed used to support IAccessibleTable on parent 'grid' role,
> but IAccessibleTable is deprecated in favor to IAccessibleTable2. This
> is also valid for 'gridcell' role. Also it makes sense to mention that
> IAccessibleTableCell is exposed on cells if the role has a proper
> context, i..e if the author simply makes: <div role="gridcell"></div>
> then no cell accessible is created for it, because it has to be a
> child of role row, which has to be a child of role grid.
>
> * link role. IAccessible2/MSAA interfaces are prefixed by 'I'. Not
> sure, if it makes sense to mention either IAccessibleHypertext or
> IAccessibleHyperlink, because at least in Gecko, these interfaces are
> exposed for each text container/embedded object combination, i.e. not
> restricted to links only.
>
> Thanks.
> Alex.
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Joseph Scheuhammer
> <clown@alum.mit.edu <mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Alex,
>
>     Jason Kiss suggested adding actions, interfaces, and relations to the
>     role mappings in the Core-AAM for both ATK/AT-SPI and MSAAA+IA2.  See:
>     https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/676
>     <https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/676>
>
>     Joanie and I have done that for ATK/AT-SPI, and Cynthia has provided
>     information for UIA.  We need the same for MSAA+IA2.
>
>     I think that in many cases, the information is very similar to what is
>     stated for ATK/AT-SPI.  Could you look through the role mapping table
>     [1], and let me know if there are glaring differences between ATK and
>     IA2 in this regard?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     [1]
>     https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_role_table
>     <https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_role_table>
>
>
>     --
>     ;;;;joseph.
>
>     'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
>                      - C. Carter -
>
>


-- 
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -
Received on Thursday, 20 October 2016 16:19:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:34 UTC