Re: aria-ACTION-2067: Write text to state the order of aria-owns ids wrt. the dom child order and sequential aria-owns ids

On 5/26/2016 11:24 AM, Joseph Scheuhammer wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> With respect to this sentence in your new text:
>
> "If the DOM children should not be first then they should also be listed
> in aria-owns in the correct order."
>
> First, is the "should" in lower case on purpose, or is it an RFC "SHOULD"?
No - I will rephrase and re-send.

> Secondly, does this change require anything of the browsers?  More
> concretely, is any change to the Core-AAM mapping spec needed?  It
> sounds like browsers should (must?) order the children according to what
> aria-owns specifies, and that directive needs to be noted in the mapping
> spec.
It probably should. I tested this in chrome, FF and IE and they all
seemed to be doing exactly what I wrote already. I don't have a mac
available so couldn't test Safari (and have no idea how to inspect there
anyway)

--

<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>