W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-aria@w3.org > May 2016

[AAPI] Minutes UAI TF Meeting, Tuesday 24 May 2016

From: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 16:07:24 -0400
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Cc: "wai-xtech@w3.org" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3daa8b30-b050-9890-7605-ccfeeefa3b48@igalia.com>
URL: https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-minutes.html

Plain text follows:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

24 May 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Bryan_Garaventa,
          Cynthia_Shelly, Richard_Schwerdtfeger

   Regrets
   Chair
          Joseph_Scheuhammer

   Scribe
          joanie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Administration (All) What is new from ARIA meetings
            that needs addressing here.
         2. [5]ACTION-2054/ISSUE-1025 (Rich) Coordinate mappings
            for new enumerated values of aria-haspopup.
         3. [6]UIA Range Pattern
         4. [7]ACTION-1409 (Joanie) Periodic checkin: Add group
            position interface to ATK/AT-SPI.
         5. [8]ACTION-980/ISSUE-706 (Cynthia) Section on AAPI
            managed states.
         6. [9]ACTION-1533 (Joanie) Investigate/create minimal
            javascript at-spi2 listener for automating 1.1 tests.
         7. [10]ACTION-1373 (Cynthia) Test case for
            aria-posinset/aria-setsize when not explicitly set.
         8. [11]ISSUE-1026 (All) aria-errormessage mappings.
         9. [12]Triage actions:
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

Administration (All) What is new from ARIA meetings that needs
addressing here.

   JS: I'm just back from vacation.
   ... Anything I should know about?
   ... That impact accessibility mappings.

   CS: Trying to get to CR in June.

   JS: Yes. But the Core AAM is not going to make it to CR in
   June.
   ... We'll be playing catch-up.
   ... But hopefully the ARIA spec will be in shape by then.

   CS: And we'll also be tesing then.

   JD: (Reviews commit list to ARIA spec and mentions several
   item.)

   JS: I'm still catching up on the lists. So I'll find out more
   as I go along.

ACTION-2054/ISSUE-1025 (Rich) Coordinate mappings for new enumerated
values of aria-haspopup.

   JS: Rich isn't here yet.
   ... Unless someone has updates, let's continue.

   <Rich> RS: I have all but Apple

   <Rich> RS: Recommend putting in my drop and have Joanie add the
   apple piece

   <clown> action-2054

   <trackbot> action-2054 -- Matthew King to Expand aria-haspopup
   to support a token list of values -- due 2016-04-28 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2054

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2054

   <clown> issue-1025

   <trackbot> issue-1025 -- Drive mappings of the new enumerated
   type values for aria-haspopup -- open

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1025

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1025

   <clown> action-2056

   <trackbot> action-2056 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Coordinate
   the mappings for the various AAPIs of the enumerated
   aria-haspopup values -- due 2016-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

     [17] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

   JS: I have a note in Rich's action that he needs to modify the
   error section of the Core AAM.

   RS: I have everything done except for Apple.
   ... Joanie was going to work on the implementation.
   ... So we could merge in my changes.

   <Rich> [18]https://github.com/w3c/aria/tree/action2056

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/aria/tree/action2056

   JS + RS: (Discuss how to do the actual merge)

   <clown>
   [19]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.ht
   ml#mapping_state-property_table

     [19]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.html#mapping_state-property_table

   JS: The above URL gets you close to where the changes are.
   ... Do we want separate entries for these?

   RS: I think so. It's consistent with what we've done for
   smiliar items.

   <clown>
   [20]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.ht
   ml#document-handling_author-errors

     [20]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.html#document-handling_author-errors

   RS: The only thing I do not have is AXAPI.

   JD: Making the changes in WebKit is on my to-do list.

   <clown> action-2056?

   <trackbot> action-2056 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Coordinate
   the mappings for the various AAPIs of the enumerated
   aria-haspopup values -- due 2016-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2056

   RS: I'll update the action and assign it to Joanie.

   <clown>
   [22]https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.ht
   ml#document-handling_author-errors

     [22]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2056/core-aam/core-aam.html#document-handling_author-errors

   JS: Rich, where did you change the errors?
   ... The above URL is where I'm looking.

   RS: It had to do with default states.
   ... If you go down to the table under "author errors".
   ... (Reads from text)

   JS: I only see it on menu item.

   RS: It's on combobox as well.
   ... Those are the only two that have to have them.
   ... The default is listbox.

   JS: I will try to merge it in soon.

UIA Range Pattern

   RS: Cynthia, range-related roles have a role mapping, but not a
   pattern.

   CS: If you give me an action, I'll add it.

   <clown> ACTION: Cynthia to add UIA Range Value Pattern to the
   range related roles in the role mapping table (e.g., slider).
   [recorded in [23]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-irc]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-irc]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2070 - Add uia range value pattern to
   the range related roles in the role mapping table (e.g.,
   slider). [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2016-05-31].

   <clown> action-2070

   <trackbot> action-2070 -- Cynthia Shelly to Add uia range value
   pattern to the range related roles in the role mapping table
   (e.g., slider). -- due 2016-05-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2070

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2070

   JS: Due date?

   CS: Rich, when do you need it?

   RS: I'm just trying to lock the ARIA spec down.

   CS: July 1st.

ACTION-1409 (Joanie) Periodic checkin: Add group position interface
to ATK/AT-SPI.

   JD: Still on hold.

   <clown> action-1409?

   <trackbot> action-1409 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Monitor progress
   of bug against atk in gnome's bugzilla requesting new position,
   level, and other api be added
   ([25]https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453) -- due
   2016-04-07 -- OPEN

     [25] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=727453)

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1409

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1409

   JS: As I recall, you want this brought up each week.

   JD: Yes please. Poke me until I do it.

ACTION-980/ISSUE-706 (Cynthia) Section on AAPI managed states.

   <clown> action-980?

   <trackbot> action-980 -- Cynthia Shelly to Describe/define
   managed aria related states: aria-setsize, aria-posinset,
   aria-level, focused, focusable with reference to section 5.5
   bullet 1 of the UAIG. -- due 2016-05-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

     [27] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/980

   JS: This is the section on ARIA managed states.

   CS: I've not yet gotten to this.
   ... Give me two weeks.

   JS: 7th of June.

ACTION-1533 (Joanie) Investigate/create minimal javascript at-spi2
listener for automating 1.1 tests.

   <clown> action-1533?

   <trackbot> action-1533 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Investigate and
   possibly create a minimal/skeleton javascript at-spi2 listener
   with the aim of automating the 1.1 tests. -- due 2016-05-24 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1533

   JS: We dealt with this last meeting.
   ... But it's due today.

   JD: This is part of the automated testing stuff we're working
   on.
   ... Please poke me in a week.

ACTION-1373 (Cynthia) Test case for aria-posinset/aria-setsize when
not explicitly set.

   <clown> action-1373?

   <trackbot> action-1373 -- Cynthia Shelly to Create a test case
   for when aria-posinset and aria-setsize are provided explicitly
   on some but not all elements. -- due 2016-05-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1373

     [29] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1373

   JS: This one is Cynthia's action to create a test case.
   ... Before we were waiting on the ability to add test cases to
   the test harness.
   ... I think that's in place now.

   CS: I'm working through the HTML AAM mappings now.
   ... Then I'll be on the Core AAM.
   ... Please give me three weeks.

ISSUE-1026 (All) aria-errormessage mappings.

   <clown> issue-1026?

   <trackbot> issue-1026 -- AAPI mappings for aria-errormessage --
   open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1026

     [30] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/1026

   JS: How is this going?
   ... I have actions on Joanmarie, Alex, and James Craig.
   ... They were due a while ago.

   JD: (Summarizes the status being stalled and James Teh having
   objections)

   JS: Joanie had originally proposed to make a description (via
   relationship).
   ... Because relations can have multiple targets.

   RS: How do you tell which is the error?

   JD: Object attribute.

   RS: You could map it that way.

   JS: But James Teh didn't like that either.

   <clown>
   [31]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-i
   a2/2016-February/002010.html

     [31]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2016-February/002010.html

   <clown>
   [32]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-i
   a2/2016-February/002013.html

     [32]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2016-February/002013.html

   <clown>
   [33]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-i
   a2/2016-March/002027.html

     [33]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2016-March/002027.html

   JS: Reading from the above emails.
   ... The thread starts in February, continues in March, and goes
   into April.

   <clown>
   [34]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-i
   a2/2016-April/002030.html

     [34]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2016-April/002030.html

   JS: I believe the above is the latest from James Teh.

   RS: I don't know what it means to merge it into a description
   (quoting James' comment).

   <clown>
   [35]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-i
   a2/2016-April/002030.html

     [35]
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/accessibility-ia2/2016-April/002030.html

   JD: I don't care much for what the mapping is, and James feels
   strongly.
   ... Given the apparent desire to have IA2 and ATK to remain as
   parallel as possible, I will defer to James' preferred mapping.
   ... Rich, would it make sense for you to get a mapping for IA2
   out of James?
   ... Then I will accept whatever he wants in ATK.
   ... I can add new API to ATK, and a new relation type is quick
   and easy (we don't need the to-be-created AtkAccessible
   interface for that).

   RS: Ok, I'll reply to James Teh.

Triage actions: [36]https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

     [36] https://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/products/23

   <clown> action-1695

   <trackbot> action-1695 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Propose UIA
   mapping for aria-kbdshortcuts -- due 2016-03-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1695

     [37] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1695

   JS: Why is this mine?

   CS: I providing the mapping. You just need to put it in, I
   think.

   JS: Is it in a note?

   CS: Yes, a couple of notes ago.
   ... I could do a pull request, but that's not typically how
   we've been doing things.

   JS: You say we have two options.

   <clown> AcceleratorKey = the contents of aria-kbdshortcuts.

   CS: AcceleratorKey, yes.
   ... Mnemonic is something I'd like to do in the future.

   JS: I'll put that one in.

   RS: We have a lot of outstanding issues.
   ... We may need to just divvy it up and get them done.
   ... We won't be adding new things to ARIA.
   ... And to write the test cases, we need to know what the
   mappings are.

   JS: I know.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Cynthia to add UIA Range Value Pattern to the
   range related roles in the role mapping table (e.g., slider).
   [recorded in [38]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-irc]

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-aapi-irc

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 24 May 2016 20:08:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:58:27 UTC