Re: Conflicting inclusion/exclusion criteria for elements in the accessibility tree (Was: Re: [ARIA] Agenda: March 3, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group)

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:33:53 -0400
To: Fred Esch <fesch@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
On 2016-03-15 9:14 AM, Fred Esch wrote:
> I can see making the*presence* of a tabindex a factor in inclusion in
> the accessibility tree, but not the */value/* of the tabindex.

Agreed.  The presence of the attribute has to do with "focusable", while
the value has to do with whether it's "tab-navigable" [1]. "Focuable"
entails it is in the accessibility tree.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/editing.html#negative-tabindex

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                  - C. Carter -