Re: Nested links (not related to children presentational issue in ARIA 1.1)

On 2016-06-23 10:52 AM, Marco Zehe wrote:
> I did a quick test with the example given, and none of the 3 browsers
> I tested (Firefox, Chrome, IE 11) actually nest the links. They simply
> consider the two links separate entities at the same level,
> considering the second opening a tag the closure of the previous, and
> ignoring the final closing one. There are two accessible objects, and
> they are not nested.

I confirmed Marco's findings on Mac OS X using FF, Safari, and Chrome.
Also, I looked at the DOM that the three browsers produce, and there are
two sibling links.  That is, the nesting in lost going from the source
markup to the internal DOM.

--

 ;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -