Re: Children are Presentational (again) - new information

Bryan,

Can you please explain how you would create a hierarchical tree if
treeitem only allows presentational children.

This is the definition of presentational children

"The DOM descendants are presentational. User agents
<https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20160317/#dfn-user-agent> should
not expose descendants of this element
<https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20160317/#dfn-element>
through the platform accessibility API
<https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20160317/#dfn-accessibility-api>.
If user agents
<https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-wai-aria-1.1-20160317/#dfn-user-agent> do
not hide the descendant nodes, some information may be read twice."

So taking this, if my treeitem has other treeitems as children
(completely normal in a tree) a useragent should not expose those
descendents? This would break every tree.

Regards,

James

--

<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>