Re: aria-kbdshortcuts feedback

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:13:10 +0100, Rich Schwerdtfeger
<richschwer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought about your comments overnight and another deficiency in
> accesskey came up and it has to do with context.
>
> Take the ā€˜Lā€™ to like issue ā€¦ +1 for Google+. You could be on a page feed
> with a lot of likes (e.g. Facebook). We would really need for it to
> apply to the current context and not be just a page-wide access key
> (with activate capabilities).
> 3. We allow the author to override the accesskey with script  whereby we
> associate access keys and threat them as page wide and the author is
> allowed to have a handler that handles the event.

I had thought about doing this the other way around - essentially the
HTML5 proposal for a "command" element which would fire a script, and
which could be given an accesskey.

> This last hybrid model would allow greater functionality and leave the
> keyboard arbitration issues to the user agent.

Yes, apparently that was Hixie's goal with the command idea.

But as always, we're dependent on implementation.

cheers