Re: aria-kbdshortcuts feedback

I thought about your comments overnight and another deficiency in accesskey came up and it has to do with context.

Take the ā€˜Lā€™ to like issue ā€¦ +1 for Google+. You could be on a page feed with a lot of likes (e.g. Facebook). We would really need for it to apply to the current context and not be just a page-wide access key (with activate capabilities).

So we should consider other options as well:

1. We allow JavaScript to do this vs. accesskey with activate
2. We expand accesskey  to be scoped. IOW, depending where your focus is on the page, hitting the accesskey would got to the element in the nearest ancestor container it is applied in
3. We allow the author to override the accesskey with script  whereby we associate access keys and threat them as page wide and the author is allowed to have a handler that handles the event.

This last hybrid model would allow greater functionality and leave the keyboard arbitration issues to the user agent.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger