aria-linktype comments

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:27:40 -0600
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
To: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
I am not quite following the correlation to roledescription. I think it is more akin to subrole on some operating system platforms and that the reason for having them is that regardless of the subrole both the user and assistive technology need to know that it is still a link and work with the content as if it was a form of link.

Also the proposal has reference but no reference type as defined in the spec. The proposal basically says it can be anything that is a reference. Here is an example:

http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html#doc-biblioentry