RE: ACTION-1490 proposal says good bye to the "inline" notion for combobox

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:50:59 +0000
To: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>, Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
CC: Matt King <mck@fb.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Sorry about that, I got this part confused with another thread.

My point was in regard to the section 5.6.3 Relations at
https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/#h-mapping_additional_relations

Where it states:

Often in a GUI, there are relationships between the widgets that can be exposed programmatically to assistive technology. WAI-ARIA provides several relationship properties which are globally applicable to any element: aria-controls, aria-describedby, aria-flowto, aria-labelledby, aria-owns, aria-posinset, and aria-setsize. Therefore, it is not important to check the role before computing them. User agents can simply map these relations to accessibility APIs as defined in the section titled State and Property Mapping.