Re: ACTION-1490 proposal says good bye to the "inline" notion for combobox

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:19:20 -0500
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>, Matt King <mck@fb.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
On 2016-02-08 10:42 AM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:

> That is not true. This is why we support aria-activedescendant on
> role=”combobox”. Please test the following implementation that uses
> this technique.
>
> http://whatsock.com/tsg/Coding%20Arena/ARIA%20Comboboxes/ARIA%20Comboboxes%20(Simulated,%20Readonly)/demo.htm
> <http://whatsock.com/tsg/Coding%20Arena/ARIA%20Comboboxes/ARIA%20Comboboxes%20%28Simulated,%20Readonly%29/demo.htm>

Warning: sarcasm, ahead.

You have implemented a combobox that uses aria-activedescendant without
aria-owns.  What is the active descendant a descendant of? Not the
combobox, actually.

Does this mean we need to re-write the definition of aria-activedescendant?

:-)

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                  - C. Carter -