RE: ACTION-2053: Authentication is important but...

[Jason] Hi Janina,
>From a quick reading of relevant parts of the spec, it appears that the list of alternatives to choose from would be a list of credentials (e.g., account names associated with the Web application making the request for authentication) rather than a list of authentication mechanisms, so it appears that the choice of authentication method is left to the user agent.

Of course, the UA needs to offer at least one authentication method that is suitable to the capabilities of the user. This spec may not be the right place to require it, as the purpose here is only to define the API used by Web applications. At most I would suggest adding an informative note, and perhaps checking to make sure that the choice of authentication method (biometric or otherwise) is the UA's responsibility.

Thank you for your compliance.