Re: Fwd: [Accessibility-ia2] IA2 Role Landmark

From: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:04:44 -0400
To: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>, Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>, James Teh <jamie@nvaccess.org>, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>, IA2 List <Accessibility-ia2@lists.linux-foundation.org>
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
On 2016-04-18 10:41 AM, Rich Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> So, this is pretty much what I expected. The net is you should use the
> new IA2 landmark role vs. the Form role for newer versions of firefox
> (along with exposing the xml-roles=“form”) in newer versions of
> Firefox and this should be reflected in the Core mapping spec.

To be concrete: the current MSAA+IA2 mapping of role="form" is to map it
to IA2_ROLE_FORM [1].  Is the suggestion to change that to
IA2_ROLE_LANDMARK + xml-roles:"form"?

If so, are the other platforms affected?  I imagine for
interoperability, you would want ATK/AT-SPI to change from ROLE_FORM to
ROLE_LANDMARK.

UIA seems to have it covered, in that they store both a Control type
(Group) and a Landmark Type (form) -- does that remain unchanged?

[1] https://w3c.github.io/aria/core-aam/core-aam.html#role-map-form

--
;;;;joseph.

'Die Wahrheit ist Irgendwo da Draußen. Wieder.'
                 - C. Carter -