From: discussion-bounces@arstandards.org [mailto:discussion-bounces@arstandards.org] On Behalf Of Rob Manson
Sent: July 10, 2013 22:56
To: public-ar@w3.org; discussion@arstandards.org
Subject: [AR Standards Discussion] WebRTC beyond the call and the new #RealityCube model

Hi,

here's a follow up from some of the conferences recently.

First is a video of an interesting panel session at WebRTC World in Atlanta that discusses looking at WebRTC beyond the call. Great to see the momentum that the underlying Augmented Web concepts are gaining.
They're not using the right term yet but it's obvious that it's clear to everyone this is coming 8)
http://www.webrtcworld.com/videos.aspx?vid=8621

And here's the #RealityCube model I presented at the IEEE ISTAS13 conference (http://veillance.me) in Toronto. It's a new typology for describing the different flavours of Mixed Reality and allows us to be more explicit when discussing and analysing a specific type of technology.
http://www.slideshare.net/robman/the-futureis-unreal

Love to hear your thoughts on these.

roBman