Re: [AR Standards Discussion] I've created a Related Standards pagefor the group

Hi Rob, George, et.al!

sorry for following up a little late here.
Rob, good to see that there's consolidated movement also within the W3C
Community Group now, and that you're taking the lead here!

My opinion on how ARML2 [1] relates to the W3C Community Group:
While you are right that ARML2 does not have a native implementation in
a browser yet, our prototype-AR Window implementation [1] shows that it
can be implemented in a web browsers plugin-free with web technologies
such as WebGL and the various JS APIs, such as GeoLocation and
DeviceOrientation for the spatial part. The ComputerVision-Part can also
be implemented plugin-free and solely in JS, as described by a paper of
TU Graz [2].

ARML2 can be seen as the language describing the AR scene, which is
complementary to and uses the APIs the browsers expose. In fact, it
takes a JS library to make ARML2 webbrowser-compliant, rather than a
native implementation in the browser (which of course might bring a
certain speedup eventually, especially in the CV part).
So, to summarize, I ask to include ARML2 in the discussion, and not
cross it off the list because it does not yet run in a native browser.
I'm happy to give more insight on request.

Thanks,
Martin

[1] - http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/arml2.0swg
[2] -