Re: [AR Standards Discussion] I've created a Related Standards pagefor the group

Hi George,

>>> Good to see AR discussion in W3C.
> ...unless its  a walled garden.
> You really do not plan to include ARML in "related standards".

Sorry if it appeared that way...that's definitely not the case.  I've
added this content to the top of the Related Standards page to make it a
little clearer.

   Here is an overview of the key standards that are enabling the
   Augmented Web.  The standards listed on this page are capable of
   running inside some version of a standard web browser from one of the
   mainstream web browser vendors today.

   NOTE: If you are interested in a broader set of Augmented Reality
         standards then please view the ARStandards.org list[1].

I hope this helps make sense of the difference between the 2 lists.

> ARML1 was discussed in a prior W3C AR workshop.

Nothing that happens in this CG mandates any particular action anywhere
in the W3C.  So there's definitely no impact here.

> ARML2 is going through the OGC process for adoption as an OGC standard.
> The OGC process requires at least two or more commitments to implementation.

I'm sure that's the case and what I took away from discussions at the
ARStandards meeting was that none of these had commenced yet or had real
plans to in the short term.

> To not consider ARML2 in W3C seems to be a blind spot.

I'm sure the OGC will continue discussions with the W3C about the
overlap between all of your standards.  As I said, this CG really
doesn't have any impact on that.

And I hope it's now clear that I'm not "excluding" ARML...it's just that
to be included on that Related Standards[2] page a standard must have a
working implementation in a version of a mainstream web browser today.

This is not just some arbitrary decision.  This is directly related to
the new Charter[3] and I hope that I've been really clear as to why this
makes sense.

roBman

[1] http://www.perey.com/ARStandards/existing-standards/
[2] http://www.w3.org/community/ar/related-standards/